"Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Apr 22, 2013

Disclosure

I found an organization that promotes justice in the world. They do it in the name of Christ and his church. I was excited about their mission, their work, and the opportunities to serve with them.

Then, I saw that I would have to submit my conversion journey, a list of my biblical practices with commentary on my prayer life along with my church information. The more I wrote, the more I didn't like the idea of blindly sending my personal story into an organization who will judge, on who knows what standard, my "Christian-ness".

So I stopped right there.

Had they asked me those questions during an interview, I would have gladly shared. However to allow them to prejudge my faith journey just seemed a little too invasive for me.

Guess my liberal ways are catching up with me...once again!

No comments :

Post a Comment